Saturday 27 December 2014

Photos: ‘My Ovaries Are Coughing Up Dust’- Gabrielle Union on the cover of UPTOWN Magazine

Gabrielle Union covers the December/January 2015 issue of UPTOWN Magazine and she looks absolutely gorgeous!
In the mag, the 42-year-old opens up about the difficulties she’s experienced trying to conceive her own child with husband Dwyane Wade.
While she’d love to become a mother, her body hasn’t quite gotten with the program.
She reveals,
“I think my brain and my heart are screaming baby fever. My ovaries, however, they’re coughing up dust. Yes, it’s in my heart and in my mind, and we’ll see if my body catches up with that.”
When Gabrielle & Dwyane got married, Gabby became step-mom to Dwyane’s two sons Zion & Zaire as well as his son Xavier (whom Dwyane fathered while he and Gabby were on a “break”). Even still, Gabby would like to experience the joys of motherhood for herself.
“I have really awesome stepkids, so I feel equally as fulfilled. I’ve lasted 42 years without having a human being come from one of my orifices and I feel okay and fulfilled and happy. If it does happen, it’s a miracle—a medical miracle at least. I mean, we’d love to. We’ll see what my ovaries say. Cause right now they’re taking Geritol.”
Despite having a successful career and a baller NBA husband, Gabby also revealed that she lives ‘far below’ her means — just in case things financially don’t always quite add up the way they should.
“I live so far below my means that if the career was taken away, I could get a job based on my level of education and my job skills, and I could still afford what I have. I plan ahead for the destruction, my financial ruin. I might borrow some hot shit, but you’re gonna come to my house and be like, ‘What happened to that dope bag that cost as much as a home?’ I borrow that. I give it right back.”
gab4
gab3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun