Saturday 22 April 2017

Aww, Nollywood Actor Olumide Bakare passes on this morning

Nollywood Actor Olumide Bakare dies after a brief illness.

Barely an hour ago, his son Bode Bakare, a pastor at Maryland, United States, announced on Facebook the misfortune that befell the family. “My hero, my friend, my dad gone...”
The hero the Maryland pastor was referring to is the veteran actor Olumide Bakare who died this morning Saturday April 22.
The late Bakare has been ill since 2013 when he was diagnosed with heart disease, but the sickness became worse last year and was admitted to University College Hospital (UCH) Ibadan, Oyo State.
He called for help in January last year when he could no longer afford his medical expenses, which cost about N30, 000 per day.  “This is beyond me; I can no longer handle this on my own. I need financial assistance. Help me to beg Nigerians to help me so that I will not die. I need their prayers to survive this,” he told a reporter who visited him at the hospital.
According to the deceased he was initially diagnosed with blood clot, which later affected the heart.
He died on the way to the hospital this morning.
A sympathizer, Seun Adelanwa posted this condolence message: “When family values, morals, diligence, dedication and hard work were the highlights of broadcast there you were Chief Koko. A teacher on the TV screen for many homes and families. You were a star and you lived well. Sleep well Sir. “
Chief Koko, as he is popularly called by fans, acted in several household TV series such as Koko  Close, Super Story, Papa Ajasco, This Life and several home video movies.


So, so sad, may God rest his soul.

1 comment:

  1. Christ!!!!
    I don't believe this!!
    Rest in peace 'Chief Koko'!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun