Thursday 21 June 2018

Photos: But why are some Nigerians in the UAE like this?

Some Nigerians here in the UAE never cease to amaze me!
Image may contain: 1 person, standing
Do you know that there are some Naijas here in the UAE who have not been to the Desert Safari or any UAE resort?
Some Nigerians have been living and working in the UAE for years now and still have not been to places like the Ferrari World in Abu Dhabi, Dubai Museum, Dubai Zoo, Aquaventure- Atlantis The Palm, Wild Wadi, etc. This is not because they hate to or they don't have the time, it's because they'd rather save the money they are making here or send it 'home'. These Nigerians tend to covert every single Dirham to Naira before they ever think of spending it.
No automatic alt text available.
They would go, ''100 Dirhams for what, do you know that that's almost N10,000 back home?''
This mindset is so annoying!
They even look at you living a modest life like a fool and a spendthrift.
Gladly, I don't have friends like that but I have heard of people who are living like this!
The annoying Nigerians I have come across as a blogger here in the UAE are the ones who approach me for freebies on the blog!!!!!!
They would want you to advertise their products or services on your blog for FREE!
Can you just beat that?
Now, this blog post is about them and for them.
The non-Nigerians who approach me hardly ask for free stuffs on the blog, the worst case scenario is they would request for a trade by barter, but with Nigerians, they don't know more than 'awoof', as if I came to the UAE to count the skyscrapers!
And they are running their own businesses too. And they are making money here. But annoyingly, they don't want to spend. They are wayyyyy too stingy!
Some are even so stingy inspite of what they make/earn that they don't even look like they are earning. They look wretched poverty stricken, and one would never guess that they have a few quids stashed up in their accounts! All they know is how to send the money 'home' once they get it.
As if they don't live once, they get to live twice or as if they are the only ones who know how to save and plan!
It's not even my business if they are stingy to/on themselves and are not living, just existing, they should not extend that their silly 'awoof' and stingy mentality to my own side!
Gosh, I can't stand tight-fisted people!
And these people know and love good things o, they just don't wanna spend a dime fils!!!!!!
I remember a female Nigerian entrepreneur who approached me a few years ago for an advert placement of her spa on my website and wanted it done FREE! Meanwhile, she told me she had advertised the same project on Bella Naija which her uncle paid for, but with me, she wanted it free!!! Like seriously??
If you tell a Nigerian here that you charge, for example $1,000 per month for an advert on the website, they will first of all covert that amount to Naira and go N360,500 for what? That even Linda and BellaNaija don't charge like that! They refuse to acknowledge the fact that the locations are different, the standards of living are different, and that there are different incomparable factors.
No automatic alt text available.
What many people don't know is that here in Dubai, newbie bloggers and vloggers with just as little as 1,000 followers on Instagram charge thousands of dollars for a shout-out or ads on their platforms.
Just be active on Instagram, have a remarkable 'following', post cool and clear photos, be cool yourself and before you know it, you will be ca$hing!
Some of these Nigerian entrepreneurs would rather even pay white bloggers more money for advert placements but when it comes to you, they would now remember how you are 'brother and sister' or 'sisters' and ask for it for FREE!
The inferiority complex is REAL.
Image may contain: indoor
Some of us Nigerian bloggers may not be as popular as Perez Hilton yet, nevertheless, we are still in charge of our cyber spaces and running them well too, thankfully.
Therefore, put some 'R-E-S-P-E-C-K' on our names!
I DON'T BLOG FOR FREE, ROGER THAT NIGERIANS LIVING IN THE UAE!!!!
So, to all the stingy Nigerians here in the UAE, stay on your lane, (your stingy lane), live your stingy lives but don't approach me for free promos!
Toyeen B, epp me promote my new song!
'My sister', epp me advertise my goods on your blog na!
Toyeen B, I have an event coming up, talk about it in your vlog please!
'Nuff already!!!
STOP ASKING FOR FREE THINGS, PAY FOR THEM, HELP A BUSINESS GROW!
Image may contain: Oluwatoyin Balogun, table and indoor
If I wanna help with free stuffs, I will, when I want to.
I do when I have to.
I don't know why many Nigerians still don't see blogging as a profession.
Or they think I like the sleepless nights, going for events when I'm sometimes not in the mood, and all the cons that come with blogging?
Abi they think I don't need money ni? ðŸ¤”
I don't think any Nigerian in their right senses here in the UAE or anywhere else in the world would approach their tailor friend and ask for free fabrics, free design and free sewing or ask their Doctor friend for free consultation, free treatment and free drugs!!!
Ko jo! (Not possible).
Now that the Ramadan has ended and life in the UAE has re-commenced, I have already started getting the 'epp me post' requests from these people again.
And they are not 'Lazy Nigerian Youths' o!
O su mi o! (I'm tired).
It is well.
No automatic alt text available.
Anyhow, hope your Thursday is cool like that, my beautiful TOYsters!
Enjoy,
Toyeen B. xo




19 comments:

  1. Lawunmi Sodeinde14:52

    You are too fine Toyeeenb!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Moses14:54

    Good write up. We need more of these from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous 1114:57

    Who make you vex like dis?
    SHUU...
    Abeg waka, is too early, I never chop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peter Odulaja14:59

    MARRY ME

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are funny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adegoke Oluwapamilerin16:56

    Am surprised reading this because Nigerians are known to be kind and giving....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rita Mordi16:58

    Toyin omo Balogun:My beauty and brains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alex Okey20:36

    Dem nor no say awoof deh run belle? Tell dem queen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mummy Showkey22:00

    Na their way be that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nengi22:02

    I like your Arabic dressing!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ Arabic dressing. It's called 'Abaya'! Thanks Nengi. x

      Delete
  11. Good talk, tell them since they pretend not to know, they are here in dubai but living in nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for ALL the comments. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Juliet15:23

    Tell them please....

    ReplyDelete
  14. That Ibo Girl19:39

    Sis me am in Dubai to make all the money not for tourist.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well said Toyin. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  16. Discover how THOUSAND of people like YOU are making a LIVING from home and are fulfilling their dreams TODAY.
    SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Ibo Girl13:36

    Beautiful you.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun