Monday 25 June 2018

Video: Davido condoles with Dbanj in his #BETAwards speech

Nigerian pop star David Adeleke, better known as Davido, on Sunday won the 2018 BET Award for Best International Act.
While receiving his award, the 25-year-old musician, who first broke into the Nigerian entertainment scene with his hit single 'Back When', sympathized with D'banj who lost his one-year-old son on Sunday to a pool accident at his Ikoyi residence.
Davido said: “Before I go on, I want to send condolences to my big brother, the actual artist that paved the way for Nigerian artistes to be on this stage," he said. "D'banj, my condolences are with you, you’re my brother."
Davido also used the opportunity to promote African culture, calling on Americans to “come to Africa, eat the food, wear the clothes”.
Watch:

1 comment:

  1. Am still in shock. Very fine baby boy, return if possible! RIP

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun