Saturday 30 November 2013

News: Woolwich British Soldier's Murder: Adebolajo & Adebowale's Trial Begins




Six months after Michael Adebolajo, 28, and Michael Adebowale, 22, gruesomely murdered 25-year-old Lee Rigby in Woolwich, south London, their trial has begun in Old Baileys Court
 
The two defendants, both Britons of Nigerian descent, denied murdering Rigby, attempting to murder a police officer on the day Rigby died and conspiracy to murder a police officer.
 
So, during the trial, the jury was told not to be influenced by media reports of the events that led to Rigby's death, rather they were shown CCTV evidence of his painful final moments.
 
Trying to justify their act, one of the defendants had said:
The only reason we have killed this man today is because Muslims are dying daily by British soldiers, and this British soldier is one.
By Allah, if I saw your mother with a bucket, I would help her... But we are forced by the Koran that we must fight them as they fight us.
Prosecutors  also told the court that Adebolajo made a number of comments after he was shot by police.
These included:

I am a Muslim extremist, this may be the only chance you meet one. Your people have gone to Afghanistan and raped and killed our women, I am seeking retribution, I wouldn't stoop so low as to rape and kill women. 
 I did it for my God. I wish the bullets had killed me so I can join my friends and family... I want to thank the person who shot me, because it is what Allah would have wanted. 
I love Allah more than my children."
Trial resumes on Monday.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun