Thursday 28 November 2013

News: Kanye West disses even Michelle Obama


                                       Kanye West

Here is a break down of some of Kanye West's latest remarks:

On Hollywood Icons: "I have a love-hate relationship with the paparazzi, but actually I love them because they are empowering us. They are empowering us over Vanity Fair that want to say that Kate Upton is Marilyn Monroe. Kate Upton ain't Marilyn Monroe, Kim is Marilyn Monroe." Kanye was referring to the Sports Illustrated model's most recent cover with the fashion magazine, where Upton  channels the Hollywood icon for their 100th issue.

On Royalty: "My daughter is in a position of a level of royalty like the prince and princess in London."  Hmmm…perhaps a playdate between Prince George and North West is in the near future?

On His Reputation: "If [Kim and I] were to break up, I'd be the one that's looked at as an a--hole." The 36-year-old has spent a considerable amount of time anticipating how he is perceived in his relationship… clearly.

On Politics: "Don't nobody care about that Obama wearing…Do you care about Vogue? Do you read that? I don't care what position anybody got. You are either helping me or hurting me." This isn't the first time he's spoken out against the first lady and president. Last month he told Ryan Seacrest: "No one is looking at what [Barack Obama] is wearing. Michelle Obama cannot Instagram a [bikini] pic like what my girl Instagrammed the other day."

On His Empire: "It's Drake season now. I'm the Tupac of product. You're gonna see I'm better than Ralph Lauren, you're gonna see that I'm gonna be bigger than H&M, bigger than Louis Vuitton." And given that he just told fans to boycott the famous French fashion house…he may live up to his word.

On Being Ahead of the Game: "People looked at that interview from 10 years ago and said, 'I loved him back then.' People didn't love it back then though. I was speaking to the future. I'm 10 years ahead mentally." To put things in perspective, 10 years ago West had just released "Through the Wire," the first single off of his debut album to rave reviews.  So…people loved him back then, too.

On Luxury Goods: "We're controlled by a Nike sign, we're controlled by peer pressure. Why do Benzes cost so much? I like a Balenciaga sneaker because it's designed better, and then it's kids out there buying $1,000 sneaker, spending a month's worth of pay because I wore it and it makes them feel like that's what they need to have in the club." Keeping up with Kanye ain't cheap (or even logical), ladies and gentleman.


Okay Kanye............E.N.O.U.G.H.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun