Wednesday 13 September 2017

Photos: You're a ho, you're not a ho: Sharon Osbourne to Kim Kardashian

Sharon Osbourne doesn't think Kim Kardashian is a "ho" anymore.
Photo published for Sharon Osbourne can’t stop talking about Kim Kardashian
Days after the reality TV star called Osbourne out for misquoting her about taking her clothes off in the name of feminism, the battle in the press between the two was one of the big talking points on the season premiere of "The Talk". After discussing the devastation of Hurricane Irma, moderator Julie Chen segued to "much less important news": Kim "slamming our very own Mrs. O for a recent interview."
"It's so ridiculous how these things happen. The Telegraph is a paper in England and at the end of the interview, as the lady was leaving, she said to me, have you heard that Kim Kardashian has come out as a feminist?" Osbourne explained, putting the blame on the reporter for the "feminist" quote.
"It's no big deal, I commented, she asked my opinion and I gave it. It wasn't rude. It was like, fine, she poses nude, she's very sexual in her clothes, even her every day clothes, it's showing her body, which shows that she's a strong grounded woman and she's not afraid of her body," Osbourne continued. "That's her business, nobody else's business but hers. That's great, but people have been doing that since day one and people have been stripping and whatever from day one, so it doesn't make you a feminist, it makes you someone who is a strong person who is confident with their body and wants to show it. That's not a feminist."
"It got misquoted and then Kim came back and said, 'I never said I was a feminist, so I never said I was and you're responding to something I never said,'" Osbourne continued.
"You were set up to make a comment on something that wasn't real," Julie Chen added.
Co-host Sarah Gilbert then asked, "You never said she was a 'ho'?" and the entire panel erupted in laughter as Osbourne shook her head.
"Taking your clothes off, exposing your body, does not make you a ho. It does not. That's not fair," she went on. "She's not a ho, she's a married woman, she's a professional woman and that's it. She's a strong woman."
Osbourne then slighted the media. "That's again a great example of how the press work. They'll put one against the other."
"If Kim wants to show off her body, fine," Osbourne allegedly told The Telegraph earlier this month. "But that's not feminism, that's being a ho. And there's nothing wrong with being a ho, but always remember what you are."
While celebrating Harper's Bazaar's ICONS event on Friday, Kardashian responded to the comments.
"First of all, I think she said I said a quote about, 'I post nude photos in the name of feminism.' Never said that. So I think when people misquote you and then comment, it just sounds ridiculous," Kardashian told E! News. "I post nude photos because I like how I look and I feel proud when I've lost all this baby weight. And I post it because I feel like posting it, and I feel powerful."
It's worth noting Osbourne didn't deny saying "ho" in a Facebook Live interview last week with EW.

1 comment:

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun