Thursday 14 September 2017

Photos: Selena Gomez reveals she had a kidney transplant this summer due to Lupus

Selena Gomez received a kidney transplant this summer due to her ongoing battle with Lupus.
The singer, 25, revealed the news Thursday on Instagram in a moving post that showed her in a hospital bed alongside actress Francia Raisa (Dear White PeopleThe Secret Life of an American Teenager), who donated her kidney to Gomez.
“I’m very aware some of my fans had noticed I was laying low for part of the summer and questioning why I wasn’t promoting my new music, which I was extremely proud of,” Gomez wrote. “So I found out I needed to get a kidney transplant due to my Lupus and was recovering. It was what I needed to do for my overall health. I honestly look forward to sharing with you, soon my journey through these past several months as I have always wanted to do with you.”
Gomez offered thanks to her “incredible” team doctors, before singling out Raisa in particular. “There aren’t words to describe how I can possibly thank my beautiful friend Francia Raisa,” Gomez wrote. “She gave me the ultimate gift and sacrifice by donating her kidney to me. I am incredibly blessed. I love you so much, sis.”
Gomez went public with her Lupus diagnosis two years ago.

1 comment:

  1. TThank goodness they are both fine!



    Long live TBW

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun