Friday 10 October 2014

Photos: Read & see how Psquare, Mafikizolo, Flavour et al took Dubai last night

Last night was really epic! TBW was at Meydan LIVE for the Dance Afrique 2014!!

The much-talked about show kicked off at about 8pm with Eddie Kadi, a comedian from Congo and the UK, cracking our ribs with super funny jokes while DJs Abrantee from Ghana and the UK and Edu from Kenya and the UK serenaded the atmosphere with mainly African music that made the crowd go gaga.
At 9pm sharp, 'Mr Shirtless' himself, Flavour started the show-proper with one of his hits, Oyi (I dey catch cold) and when it got to Ashawo, the ambience was already in the high life spirit....lol.
Sadly, Flavour did not do what he is synonymous for....take off his shirt on stage as this is not allowed here in the UAE.
Then came, oh my God, Mafikizolo from South Africa. This duo was and is SUPERB!
'Twas my first time seeing them perform and they practically took us to South Africa. Even though most of their songs were in Swahili, we still 'felt them', however. They destroyed the stage with their choreographed dance steps, very powerful voices and colourful attires (they changed twice).
My high point was when they asked us all to 'fist up' and give tribute to the great Nelson Mandela.
At this point, I was almost close to tears, seeing Madiba again on the big screen, right on stage almost made me cry! What legend, what honour!!
Then skip to when they started singing Tchelete, their collabo with Davido, oh that was when it hit me! They were really spectacular.
Unto the next act: Fuse ODJ, the young dude killed it with some songs from his new album and his greatest hit with Wyclef Jean, 'she dey do me like antenna......'!
Then came the last act of the night, our own very Psquare.
Those boys are murderers because they killed it!
Peter and Paul Okoye appeared on stage from underground! They were dressed in white and kicked off their session with Temptation.
Then came Gimme That, I love you and Forever. By this time, I had already lost my voice.
Peter Okoye now reminded us of how his 'other twin', Usher, looks like him and blasted Usher's 'You remind me of a girl that I once knew'.
Then came Onyinye, Mama, 2Face's African Queen, Personally and Alingo.
At this particular point, I was praying for my wig not to fall off, otherwise, like Waje, I would have just picked it up and continued dancing!!! I was like a kid in a candy store....I hadn't seen Psquare who I love so much perform since their Invasion held years ago in Eko Hotels and then my heydays in Globacom.
Then came E no easy, Testimony, Chop my money and Do me!
You should have seen the crowd!!
A lady in a group next to my friend and I who said it was her birthday now lifted a chocolate cake and gave Paul Okoye....aww....that made Peter sing HBD to her! Oh Peter, my birthday too is next week, you should have sung me a birthday song too.....haha!
Then the high point of the entire night: Peter took off his canvas, autographed them and threw them into the audience! YES, he did that!
He also removed his Gucci belt in addition to a Zara top and flung to the crowd, signed people's caps and almost got 2 ladies to come up stage with him, unfortunately, that too isn't allowed here.
Last but not the least, Paul Okoye aka rude boy, removed his watch (I didn't see the make even though I was right in front) and threw it to the crowd who scampered for it!
Wow, what a night of fun and excitement!!
In all, the show was spectacular, the sound quality was perfect and none of the artists lipsynched: Kudos to the organizers, Solution Media.
Viva Nigeria, Viva Africa!!!
TBW. xo
Check out the fun pics below.
Doroblogger....TOY!



















13 comments:

  1. Anonymous16:58

    Beautiful, api you posted,tenx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mohammed17:58

    Da red car is yours ko TB?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous18:17

    Classy chica Toy, event blogging really suits you, stay beautiful!!!!!!! I am your namesake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eni Babes For Life18:26

    *dead* at y wig following off like Waje's own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous18:29

      GBAGAUN OF LIFE!

      Delete
  5. Eni Babes For Life18:28

    *dead* at ya wig falling off like Waje's own.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mummy Shokey18:30

    The way you narrated this jam,be like say we dey there too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous19:04

    Enjoyment honorable minister Toyeeenbee.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous19:32

    Thanks Toyin for the VIP Ticket to this concert. I had an amazing time. I am a regular reader of ToyeenBalogun Blog and I have won this ticket as a competiton.. the only blog I read For UAE and Nigeria news...Kenny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wowza, tnx Kenny! Glad you won the tix & had fun too!! Keep visiting TBW....Cheers.xo

      Delete
  9. Anonymous23:12

    DENG!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damochedxb20:50

    E be like say i miss ooo. Chei!!! It can pain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah Damochedxb, u really missed, 'twas a spectacular show, they all nailed it!!! x

      Delete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun