Wednesday 29 October 2014

News: Van Vicker To Serve OMGGhana With Lawsuit Over False Ebola Story

It beats me why people/tabloids start rumours, fake annoying stories and most times negative!
The same thing these rumour mongers did to 2Face regarding some banker being pregnant for him!!
Why these tabloids don't ever come up with positive stories is just appalling!!!
Now it's Ghana's fine actor, Van Vicker's turn. Oh, I forgot, it was also reported (falsely of course) that Michael Essien had been hit with Ebola too. The poor guy (Oops, rich footballer I meant to say) had to take to social media to clear the air.
It appears that Ghana showbiz is set for another legal tussle as actor, Van Vicker drags omgghana.com to court for slander. Lawyer for the actor, Egbert Fabille is said to have concluded the lawsuit and ready to serve the CEOpublisher of the website, Paa Kwasi Boakye with the writ. According to Razz Newspaper, Van’s decision to go to court was necessitated by a publication on the website weeks ago, which stated that the actor had contracted the deadly Ebola virus in Liberia when he went there to shoot the movie, ‘Bendu Sudan’. The story also added that, Ghana’s Foreign Ministry had barred the actor from returning to Ghana.

The actor confirmed to Razz Newspaper that, since he made his intentions open about suing the website, he’s had calls from many media persons, pleading for him to drop the case – but he is determined to see the case through in court He said that, the level of unprofessionalism in the field s becoming unbearable and his pursuance of the case in court may serve as a deterrent to others in the field. According to the actor, he has been a victim of many false stories over the years but he always let them go but this time, he will tackle the matter to its legal conclusion.
“All the false stories affect me a lot, but this particular one I must say, has made people to be look at me with so much skepticism. Others make expensive jokes at me when I go to town which is not funny. I waste time explaining myself to people that the Ebola story is bogus when I could be doing something productive,” he lamented.
Since the ‘Ebola story’ broke, Van has disclosed how such stories affect not only him, but his kids as well: “I am worried about my kids right now because the same thing happened when they put up a story on Facebook I had an accident and I was possibly going to die,” he said.
He recalled that during the said publication, he was out of the country but when his children went to school, they went through some trauma. “People were telling them all sorts of stories and this time too I am afraid they are going to go to school and their friends will probably be keeping their distance from my kids because there is the possibility that they are also infected,” he explained.
Speaking to the Paa Kwasi Boakye, he stated that, the story has already been taken down from the website although the story was a satirical piece which is meant for entertainment purposes only. The intent of such articles, according to him, is to mimic situations that make the headlines in daily news.

2 comments:

  1. Eni Babes For Life18:18

    Nawao, evil world people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous04:21

    Abeg sue their ass, my boo for now.. on aa more serious note, why would someone even joke about something this deadly..*smh*

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun