Wednesday 11 October 2017

Harvey Weinstein’s wife Georgina Chapman leaves him amid sexual allegations

Georgina Chapman, Harvey Weinstein’s wife, is leaving the disgraced film producer amid mounting allegations of sexual harassment and assault.
Photo published for Harvey Weinstein's Wife Georgina Chapman Says She is Leaving Him
“My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions. I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time,” Chapman, who is the co-founder of fashion brand Marchesa, told PEOPLE Magazine. Chapman and Weinstein have been married since 2007 and have two children, ages 7 and 4. Weinstein had previously said Chapman “stands 100 percent behind me.” In a statement to Page Six, Weinstein said, “​I support her decision, I am in counseling and perhaps, when I am better, we can rebuild.”

Three women went on the record to tell The New Yorker that film mega-producer Harvey Weinstein raped them—including Asia Argento, an Italian film actress and director, and Lucia Evans, a former aspiring actress. Evans said Weinstein forced her to perform oral sex on him in 2004 when he invited her to do readings with a casting executive. “I said, over and over, ‘I don’t want to do this, stop, don’t,’” she recalled. “I tried to get away, but maybe I didn’t try hard enough. I didn’t want to kick him or fight him.” Oscar-winning actress Mira Sorvino recounted how, during the post-production of 1995’s Mighty Aphrodite, Weinstein sexually harassed her and repeatedly tried to pressure her into a physical relationship. Additionally, at least 16 former and current employees at Weinstein’s companies also said they either witnessed or had knowledge of times Weinstein approached women with unwanted sexual advances and touching. A spokesperson for Weinstein issued a statement denying any allegations of non-consensual sex.

1 comment:

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun