Wednesday 10 September 2014

Photo: Young arab man donates kidney to save sister

A young man is recovering after donating his kidney to save his sister from the agony of constant dialysis.The operation took place in the Armed Forces Hospital in Khamis Mushayt, Al-Watan daily reported.Saeed Mansour Al-Mizraq decided to help his sister, who was unidentified and in her 20s, when she was diagnosed with acute kidney failure just a few months after she got married in the summer of 2012.
She had to undergo dialysis on alternate days while traveling between the Eastern Province where her husband lived and Sarat Abidah where her family was based.Al-Mizraq was able to donate his kidney after tests revealed they were a match.He said: "I felt bad for my sister, who is four years older than me, as she was in agony."I felt terrible seeing her health deteriorating continuously."The family and I watched her undergo dialysis almost daily and so I decided I should do something to save her life, even if I had to donate one of my kidneys."I thank Allah for the successful surgery."He said he felt "great happiness" seeing his sister smiling in the opposite bed."She keeps repeating: ‘Thank you my brother. You have granted me what is dearest to you. I will be loyal to you as long as I'm alive'."
Saeed Mansour Al-Mizraq recovers in hospital after the transplant surgery. — Courtesy photo
Saeed Mansour Al-Mizraq recovers in hospital after the transplant surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun