Tuesday 27 May 2014

News: Drunk Lady Attacks Officer At Dubai Airport: Insults Islam Too

A female tourist who arrived in Dubai drunk has been jailed for three months for attacking a policewoman and insulting Islam.
The French visitor lost her temper after pushing in front of another arrival at passport control in Dubai International Airport.
Dubai Court of Misdemeanours said she insulted Islam and an immigration officer when he asked her to get back in line until he had finished dealing with the other passenger.
Records show the 33-year-old woman arrived at the airport early one morning in March. She had been drinking vodka on her flight.
She rushed to the immigration desk asking for her passport to be stamped so she could catch up with her friends. When asked to wait, she became abusive.
“She started yelling at me and insulted me,” said the Emirati official. “I tried to calm her down and then took her to the police point when she threatened me and caused chaos. She insulted Islam and threw her documents. She was under the influence of alcohol and her eyes were red.”
The visitor insulted Islam again when a policewoman tried to take her to the detention centre and she refused to take a breath test.
“She kept insulting me and Islam. She scratched me with her nails, slapped me and then tried to take off my scarf when I stepped away,” said the officer.
The French woman told her she worked for a royal family member and demanded her name. “She showed me her middle finger to insult me, although we were treating her nicely,” the policewoman added. The passenger had denied insulting the immigration official and Islam, denied insulting and assaulting the policewoman and denied public indecency by flashing her middle finger.
She admitted consuming alcohol and claimed that she couldn’t clearly remember what happened because she was drunk. She was jailed for three months and fined Dhs7,000/$1,918.
The woman, from France, was jailed for attacking a policewoman and insulting Islam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun