Wednesday 28 May 2014

Photos: Check out some of the moving tributes to the late Maya Angelou



Embedded image permalink

The iconic and legendary Maya Angelou who passed away today, Wednesday May 28 2014 has had people from all walks of life drop some lovely messages on social media.
Here are some that we came across on Twitter & IG:

Dr Maya Angelou's last tweet, may God receive, bless and rest her sweet soul.....Amen.

Oprah wrote:
"I've been blessed to have Maya Angelou as my mentor, mother/sister, and friend since my 20’s. She was there for me always, guiding me through some of the most important years of my life. The world knows her as a poet but at the heart of her, she was a teacher. ‘When you learn, teach. When you get, give’ is one of my best lessons from her. She won three Grammys, spoke six languages and was the second poet in history to recite a poem at a presidential inauguration. But what stands out to me most about Maya Angelou is not what she has done or written or spoken, it’s how she lived her life. She moved through the world with unshakeable calm, confidence and a fierce grace. I loved her and I know she loved me. I will profoundly miss her. She will always be the rainbow in my clouds."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun