Monday 28 April 2014

News: LOBAFINISH: Man stabs supervisor 10 times over no salary raise

A blacksmith has been accused of attempting to kill a supervisor at his workplace because he thought that the latter was behind depriving him a salary raise.
The 32-year-old Bangladeshi blacksmith, F.K., was said to have stabbed his countryman workers’ supervisor, M.I., ten times at the workers’ accommodation of the company where they both worked.
Prosecutors charged F.K. with premeditatedly attempting to kill M.I. on February 11.
“The defendant and I have been workmates since seven years. I overheard him telling two of our colleagues that he deemed me responsible for depriving him a salary increase … despite the fact that I am not his supervisor. He stabbed me first in the washroom after I showered and chased me in the accommodation and stabbed me repeatedly,” M.I. testified to prosecutors.
The defendant showed up before the Dubai Court of First Instance on Sunday and failed to enter a plea due to the absence of Bangladeshi language translator.
According to the charge-sheet, prosecutors said the suspect had decided to get rid of the supervisor so he purchased the knife for that purpose.
Then he attacked M.I. once he walked out of the washroom and stabbed him over different parts of his body.
Swift medical intervention helped save the life of M.I. who was rushed to hospital and underwent several surgeries.

The workers’ supervisor testified to prosecutors that the incident happened at the accommodation in Al Muhaisna.
“I was using my computer when the defendant came to the room and started discussing the salary increases with our two colleagues. I overheard him telling one of the colleagues that he blamed me for not increasing his salary. Actually he does not work under my supervision and I am not responsible for his appraisal … another supervisor appraised him and not me. When I finished shower and while I was hanging my laundry, someone stabbed me in my belly from the left side.
“When I left back, it turned out to be F.K. who was holding a huge kitchen knife. When he tried to stab me in the head, I protected myself with my left arm. I shouted in pain and cried for help … when colleagues tried to stop F.K. from attacking me, he waved the knife against them and threatened to stab them,” the supervisor claimed to prosecutors.
Records said the defendant chased the victim in the accommodation’s corridors and stabbed him a number of times, before M.I. ended up hiding inside a room.
Workers called the police that rushed to the scene and arrested the defendant.
A policeman, who questioned F.K., claimed to prosecutors: “He alleged to me that M.I. took his phone and saw his wife’s photo. The suspect alleged that M.I. forwarded the photo to his brother in Bangladesh and the brother went ahead and married F.K.’s wife. The suspect claimed that he bought the knife and stabbed M.I. because he deemed the latter behind his wife dumping him and not having a salary raise.”
Presiding judge Mohammad Jamal adjourned the case until a lawyer is appointed to defend F.K. and a translator is made available on May 4. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun