Saturday 15 June 2019

RIP #GraceJones!

Britain’s oldest person, Grace Jones, has died at the age of 112.
Her daughter said the supercentenarian, who was nicknamed Amazing Grace, died at her home in Worcestershire on Friday.
Paying tribute to her “gracious” mother, Deirdre McCarthy, 81, said:
“I never dreamed when I was a little girl that my mother would be the talking point of the whole country. I used to say to my friends: ‘She is a piece of history gift-wrapped’. She was wonderful and had a lovely sense of humour.” After her 112th birthday, Jones attributed her longevity in part to whisky. She told the Gloucestershire Echo:
“Whisky is very good for you. I started having a nightly tot of it when I turned 50, so I’ve been having it every night for the last 60 years and I certainly have no intention of stopping now. “My doctor said:” ‘Keep up with the whisky, Grace, it’s good for your heart.’”
Jones, who was born on 16 September 1906, assumed the mantle of Britain’s oldest living person after the death of Olive Boar, aged 113, in September.
Grace Jones was known to her friends as Amazing Grace.
Grace Jones
TOYsters, it's NOT the black model, singer, dancer, Grace Jones who passed!

1 comment:

  1. Boluwatife Adeosun21:10

    112, she really tried!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun