Monday 27 May 2019

Photos: Between Richard Mofe Damijo & Toyeen B's World

I wanted to make a post immediately I saw Richard Mofe Damijo's post below but then I was very busy, now I'm a lil free.
Image may contain: 3 people
So here goes:
Most times I agree with what #RMD says but this time, I totally disagree with him.
Happiness & what truly makes people happy are relative & they differ because we all have different characters & characteristics.
It's not always true that the things we do to show others are things that magnify our insecurities.
I know a few people who flaunt their luxury lifestyles on social media & are genuinely happy & secure.
I am not a sucker for flaunting stuffs online but that does not mean I will condemn those who do it or term them insecure.
To each his own.
The fact that Dangote doesn't post a picture of his 'machines' does NOT mean that he is secure in himself & doesn't need to flaunt his wealth.
It may not just be his thing.
Otedola who does (though not really in our faces), will not be termed 'insecure'!
Like I mentioned earlier, we are all different.
Sometimes, I see those that display wealth online as 'tacky', but hey, if it makes them happy, who am I to judge them?
Yeah, in addition to this, if Michelle Obama does not have insecurities about her looks & has not gone under the knife, that's Michelle.
Some go under the knife & the after effect makes them happy.
Who are we to judge their happiness or securities?
My point is, weight loss, weight gain, butt enlargement, boob lift, marriage, buying/building your own house, having kids, wearing expensive clothes & shoes CAN make people happy!
Because they can't make Akpos happy does not mean they can't make Babajide happy.
A woman who feels insecure & unhappy about her body after childbirth can feel more confident & happy after going under the knife.
Some wives even have inferiority complex with their hubbies once they have had kids & if a nip & tuck can give them the security & happiness they so desire (of course with the consent of their hubbies), then why not if not?
See how Tonto Dikeh said she hated her body after child birth & she did what could have made her happy, and now she's happy (we guess)!
And now she's loving & flaunting her new body!
I for one hate hospitals & love the sun, sands & seas.
I'm also okay in my own skin now but after child birth, if I don't like what I see, I may go for a tuck if it will bring back my confidence & make me genuinely happy!!!! ðŸ¤”
Nahhh, I'll pass on the tuck, a dietician & personal trainer to the rescue!!! Lol.
If I now decide to flaunt my bikini body (which is also my wealth) online doesn't mean I need validation from anybody or that I'm insecure.
"True happiness comes from knowing who you are & loving yourself, "even though"" does not & cannot work for everybody.
If fixing the "even though" can make them truly happy, confident & secure, then they should go for it!!!!!
There's basically no yardstick for measuring these things.
On one hand, a mother of 2 with big tummy & boobs that have gone South (no pun intended) might be happy & secure with her look/body & on the other hand, another mother who has seen Dr 90210 to fix all the fixables may still be sad & depressed.
And vice versa.
People should just be free to do what TRULY makes them happy.
No judgement, no assumptions, no jumping to conclusions.
My 2 cents/kobo/fils.
~ Toyeen B.
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text
P.S
Ignore that my pic with RMD, it was back in the day, my Globacom days!
I was looking so fat! ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­ðŸ˜­

3 comments:

  1. Boluwatife Adeosun19:48

    On point ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have always being beautiful!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peter Odulaja21:38

    keep up the good work Toyin Bee

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun