Tuesday 28 May 2019

MacKenzie Bezos pledges to give at least half of her $35 Billion fortune to charity

Mackenzie Bezos has signed a pledge to give at least half of her wealth to charity following her divorce from Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos.
Bezos has signed Bill and Melinda Gates' Giving Pledge, which encourages signers to set aside at least half of their personal accumulated wealth for charitable purposes over their lifetimes or in their wills. Jeff Bezos has long declined to sign on to the pledge.
“In addition to whatever assets life has nurtured in me, I have a disproportionate amount of money to share,” she said in a statement on the pledge's website. “My approach to philanthropy will continue to be thoughtful. It will take time and effort and care.” "But I won’t wait. And I will keep at it until the safe is empty," she continued.
Bezos was one of 19 signers announced by the Giving Pledge on Tuesday, bringing the total number of philanthropists joining the effort to more than 200.

2 comments:

  1. Na Me O22:17

    No any Naija woman can do this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Warren G, I mean Warren Buffett

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun