Thursday 24 August 2017

‘Insecure’ Nigerian-American star Yvonne Orji is proud of her virginity at 33

Molly might be having a lot of sex on HBO’s ‘Insecure,’ but 33-year-old Yvonne Orji is saving herself for marriage.
“I wasn’t going to hide it just because I’m on TV,” the Nigerian-born star told People. “I’m grounded in who I am.”
Orji is so proud of her decision to wait, she’s created a clothing line to promote abstinence. “I have a clothing company called Rock Your Stance, and we sell shirts that say ‘Keeping it locked till I get that rock.’”
“Entertainment chose me,” she added. “Before any of this happened, I sat down with myself and with God. I said, ‘I know why I’m here. It’s to make you proud.’”
Deciding to be an actress wasn’t easy. Her parents were fully expecting her to become a doctor.
“It sounded noble,” she said. “But then I took organic chemistry and I was like, ‘Well, maybe not.’ I ended up getting my master’s degree in public health and then working in war-torn Liberia to stall from crushing my parents’ hopes and dreams.”
Things shifted for Orji when she summoned the courage to tell her family that being a physician wasn’t her dream.
“’It would take me eight years to become a doctor, but give me eight years to make it in entertainment,’” she recalled telling her family. “And I’m happy to say, I did it in seven!”

1 comment:

  1. A Virginia in the maternity ward?
    Lolzzzzz
    Good for her!




    Long live TBW

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun