Wednesday 26 November 2014

News: Rivers 2015: Prince Tonye Princewill Disqualified…PDP Says He Is Not A Member

Prince Tonye Princewill recently announced that he has been disqualified by the South-South screening committee mandated to screen candidates vying for various elective positions in the region. Princewill, who has been soliciting for funds to fuel his governorship ambition, made this known via his facebook wall. The party has also announced that he’s not a member of PDP.
His eviction from the party is said to have been engineered by Nyesom Wike, who also has his eyes on Rivers States Government House in 2015.
Below is the reproduction of the message on his Facebook page:

“Unconfirmed reports have it that the South South screening committee has obeyed Wike’s instruction and disqualified me from contesting for Governor of Rivers state under the platform of PDP.
Reason – I am not a PDP member.
This is madness. I am not a PDP member after I raised hundreds of millions for the party, donated a multi million Naira media center to the national HQ and participated in all affairs of the party I was invited to? Not a member but you collected millions for a PDP form. If this decision is true, this marks a new low in our state’s politics. Will confirm for sure later today, but our sources are pretty reliable.
My options now are to:
1) Appeal
2) Quit politics altogether
3) Stay in the PDP even though they say I am not one of them.
or
4) Go to another party (not APC) and run.
While we ponder on these four options, let me restate that my commitment to the Goodluck Jonathan re-election is still strong. PDP ticket or not.
Your opinions are not only welcome, they’re essential.
If you decide that I should not run, all previous contributions for my campaign will be returned in full to all the many who donated. You can count on that. But I really need to hear from you.
In addition to disqualifying me, Nimi Walson Jack, Bekinbo Dagogo Jack and Dumo Lulu Briggs were also disqualified, just to mention a few. The writing is on the wall. This is a sad day for internal democracy.
What are they afraid of? I ask again; Is PDP in Rivers state not really working for APC?”


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous02:42

    Prince na only you waka go# pls lick ur wound silently..

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun