Wednesday 31 January 2018

Viral VIDEO & PHOTOS: Rat taking its bath like a human being is now a superstar

A bizarre video of a rat appearing to be standing on its hind legs and scrubbing itself with soap in a kitchen sink, reportedly taken in a bathroom sink in Huaraz city, Ancash, Peru has hit the net!
The rodent appears to be in his element, rubbings the cleanser between his hands and over his body like a human in a shower
The rodent appears to be in his element, rubbings the cleanser between his hands and over his body like a human in a shower. Electronic DJ Jose Correa, who claims he filmed the video, said he was about to take a shower when he spotted the unusual sight on Saturday morning - and couldn't believe his eyes.
Jose, 36, said: 'He was just like a human, I've never seen anything like it. 'It went on for about 30 seconds, and then he ran off. I think he just wanted to give himself a good clean. 'I care a lot about animals so I wanted to protect his privacy. I would never want to hurt him. So I just filmed him and let him go.'
Jose said he is astounded the video has made such a big splash online - and that he's been fielding messages from the world over. The clip has racked up 37 million views in just two days after being posted on Reddit, but viewers of the video questioned its authenticity. Some said the rat was either a puppet or it was being controlled using animatronics. One keen-eyed observer noticed the rat is missing a tail. Katherine Guest commented on Jose Correa's video asking 'Where's his tail? Rats have a very long tail, very hard to hide an entire tail behind them. I've owned rats, I'm not stupid I know what I'm talking about.' Jose Correa seemed to confirm that the video was indeed fake in his response.
He wrote: 'Hey! Don`t take it too seriously, I did not say you were stupid, you are a smart person since you are the only one who is asking about the tail... it`s a humorous video, relax and smile in order to live longer.'
Today, Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan said: 'That's ridiculous, you've been duped by fake news,' when co-host Susana Reid tried to argue that the the video was real.   
Watch:
The clip has racked up 37 million views in just two days

1 comment:

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun