Friday 31 January 2014

News: Update: Acid Attack Victim Naomi Oni Weeps In First TV Interview After Her Friend Was Found Guilty

 
Acid attack victim, 21 years old Naomi Oni broke down during her first television appearance since her friend 21 years old Mary Konye was found guilty of throwing acid at her face out of envy.
Speaking on This Morning today, Naomi revealed she even contemplated suicide over the false claims that she had poured the acid over herself. She said:  
'I was told there was no way of finding who this person was and after being questioned by the police and realising they were looking at me, trying to say that I done it to myself, I thought this is not going to happen. I'm not going to sit there and let them tell me that.
Recalling how her 'friend' acted throughout her ordeal, Miss Oni said:  
'The morning of the day it happened. I remember that she messaged me and I spoke to her in the evening and told her what happened. She seemed shocked and told me she wanted to
come and see me in hospital. 
When I first had some surgery, I remember crying on the phone to her asking "who would do this to me, who hates me? I would never wish this on my worst enemy". She told me not to worry, that I'd be okay and she even attended my surprise birthday party and got me flowers and a gift card. She sat beside me and cried and everything.
How do I feel about her now? I think she's a sad person. I think I will always be the person I was and no one can stop me from that.
#WayToGoGurl

2 comments:

  1. Kiki15:18

    OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So sad!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun