Thursday 30 January 2014

News: "Seventeen" Names Most Powerful Celebs Under 21, Selena Gomez tops the list & NO, Bieber isn't there, sadly

Embedded image permalink

Seventeen Magazine released their list of the 17 most powerful females under the age of 21, and it is no surprise that international superstar Selena Gomez earned the top honor. With over 17 million Twitter followers and 54 million Facebook fans, the 21-year-old has an enormous audience following her every move. The list, which was released yest.Tue Jan.28, features models, actors, singers, and even a two-time Olympic gold medalist. Ranging from the age of 14 to 21, these young starlets are truly making their mark on the entertainment industry.
Check out the list below, along with a quote from each young women on what makes them powerful.
1. Selena Gomez- “This year is when I really started feeling powerful.” 

2. Demi Lovato- I could keep my self-harm and addiction issues private, or I could use them to help other people.” 

3. Miley Cyrus- ”I want to make my own path.”

4.  Victoria Justice- ”I’m in a position where I can make a difference and that’s a powerful thing.” 

5. Chloe Grace Moretz- ”I have two gay brothers and two straight brothers…I will delete you and I will block you, and you will not be a part of my life if you ever say anything bad about my brothers.” 

6. Karlie Kloss- ”For me, being powerful is way more than this career built on physical beauty.” 

7. Gabby Douglas- ”Every time I had a bad competition or set back, I would just be even more motivated to go into the gym and work extra hard.” 

8. Ashley Rickards- “I don’t believe in failure.” 

9. Lorde- ”The power and control is with young people now.” 

10. Cara Delevingne- ”I’m aiming for an Oscar, a Grammy, and a Nobel Peace Prize. And maybe Prime Minister.” 

11. Ariana Grande- ”I’m proud of my accomplishments as an artist, but I’m most proud of myself as a daughter, a granddaughter, sister, and a friend.” 

12. Zendaya- ”I have set huge goals for myself, like winning awards and breaking records, but the most important is making an impact on humanity.” 

13. Kate Upton- ”If I can help and influence girls who are going through body-image issues, then I think that’s amazing.” 

14. Ariel Winter- ”I love that girls can be powerful and beautiful and smart. Intelligence Is the most beautiful thing you have.” 

15. Abigail Breslin- ”It’s about staying on the path that you want to go down and not just conforming to what people think you should be like or should be doing.” 

16. Carly Rose Sonenclar- ”When you’re doing something that you really feel confident about and excited about, that’s when you feel the most powerful.” 

17. Bridgit Mendler- ”I appreciate having gone through that process [of auditioning and getting rejected], because it makes you want what you want that much more and get better at what you do.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun