Friday 31 January 2014

News & Photo: 2 Chinese Employers Brutally Beat Up Their Nigerian Staff Till He Bleeds In Ogun State



The State Criminal Investigation Department, Eleweran, Ogun State, has detained two Chinese nationals, Mike Jackson and Tony Jackson, for allegedly brutalising Adeleke Owolabi, an employee of their company, Jivan Plastic Company.


According to Punch, the victim, Adeleke Owolabi said he had just been hired by Mike to be a marketer in the northern part of the country. Only for Mike and his cousin, Tony Jackson, to brutalise him during an argument in Mike’s office.
The 40-year-old victim said: 
“I have been self-employed for a long time and I met Mike sometime last year. He offered me a marketingjob in his company and asked me to resume in the first week of January. He produces PVC, a roofing material, and said he wanted to expand to the north and since I needed the job, I accepted.
I went on January 6, but he told me to return the following day. However, I could not make it because I travelled. On January 8, I returned and after discussions, he said I should go get a sack in which I could put the PVC into. I bought a Ghana-must-go bag of N500 with my own money and one of his former marketers showed me how to package them. I loaded 200 pieces into the sack and I was set for my travel to the north. But Mike said I should proceed to the production section to learn more about the product.”
The graduate of Mass Communications from Olabisi Onabanjo University said when it was about 4pm, he told Mike that he wanted to leave so that he could arrive Kano on time, but an argument ensued. He said Mike became violent and descended on him.
Owolabi continued:
 “After pleading with Mike, he said I should remove the PVC from the bag and return the bag. As I was doing this, Mike kicked me in my private part. I asked him why he was being wicked to me since he was the one who offered me the job.

“He said I was not handling the PVC properly and they could break. He then slapped me, so I held his shirt in order to stop him, but his cousin, Tony, smashed a bottle on my head and beat me up until I fainted.”
The father of two said when he woke up, he was covered in blood. He said a lady took him to the Makun Police Division from where he was referred to Idera Hospital for treatment. He alleged that the Chinese men refused to visit him at the hospital and did not offer any apology. That the police too refused to press charges against the Chinese men.
“The police said since Mike and Tony were foreigners, a lot of things would be involved. I then reported the matter to a human rights organisation and the case was taken to the Nigerian Immigration Service, Ogun State Command. Mike and his cousin came on January 17, and that was the first time they apologised to me and promised to help me secure a Chinese visa,”
However, it was learnt that after PUNCH Metro’s publication, the police immediately stormed the PVC manufacturing company in Sagamu and whisked the suspects away. It was learnt that the suspects would remain in police custody until the completion of investigation.

Read more

Police detain Chinese for assaulting employee in Ogun

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun