Monday 14 June 2021

Azuka Ononye's partner & Britain's Got Talent judge, Alesha Dixon talks childhood violence

Alesha Dixon has revealed that she grew up feeling insecure because of the violence that she witnessed as a child.
The Mis-Teeq singer, 42, saw her mother Beverley attacked by an unnamed boyfriend when she was just eight years old. 
Speaking to The Sun, she said: 
'I want to make sure my children are never exposed to things that I saw... I want them to grow up feeling very secure.' 
Alesha is mum to two daughters, Azura, seven, and Ananya, 19 months with her long-term partner Azuka Ononye, 40, who she has been dating since 2012. 
She candidly explained that although she never wants her children to be exposed to violence, her upbringing wasn't all bad. 
Speaking of her traumatic childhood, she explained: 
'I saw people coming and going, and violence, so it took a long time to know how to have good relationships. 'It sounds like a sob story, but it really has shaped who I am... I had a lot of love around me but I did see things I shouldn’t have seen as a girl.' 
The Britain's Got Talent judge also explained how the violence she witnessed prevented her from building healthy relationships and communication skills. 
As a result, she spent multiple years working through her trauma to be able to grow.







1 comment:

  1. Alex Okey14:50

    My guy! Azuka Ononye.
    His even from my place.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun