Thursday, 12 February 2015

Photos: Baddest Gobe! Man forcibly yanked from hospital after living there for 3 years

A patient has had to be cut free from his hospital bed in China and forcibly removed by police after chaining himself down and refusing to leave.
Mr Chen's family argue with police officers and court officials who came to remove him from the hospital to enforce a court order 
A court in Beijing ordered that the man, aged 55 and only known by his surname Chen, had to be removed from the hospital after living there for more than three years.
But when police turned up to at the hospital yesterday afternoon, they discovered that he had chained himself to the bed railings.
Officers were then forced to cut the locks and remove a visibly distressed Mr Chen, who was still dressed in his hospital-issue pyjamas, and struggling with police.
Mr Chen was first admitted to the Beijing Jingmei Group Hospital in August 2011 to receive treatment for injuries sustained in a road traffic accident.
After being treated, he went home after a month but two months later returned complaining of pains in his left leg.
Again doctors treated him after he was diagnosed with deep vein thrombosis and three months later said he was ready to go home.
But Mr Chen refused, saying he was in so much pain that he was unable to straighten out his legs.
He said it was the hospital's responsibility to take care of him and refused to leave, even missing his son's wedding.
The hospital stopped providing him with treatment in July 2012, after he was unable to pay any of his medical bills.
They were then granted a court ordered earlier in the week to have Mr Chen forcibly removed from his hospital bed.
It came after tests were carried out that showed he was healthy, even though he disputed this.
It is thought that he was taken back to his home in the Mentougou district of Beijing.
He refused to leave his hospital bed saying he had pains in his left leg but the hospital stopped providing any treatment to him in July 2012 
The hospital were granted the order to remove Mr Chen after tests showed he was healthy. He disputed this and used the locks to chain himself to his bed 
Mr Chen is carried out of the Beijing Jingmei Group Hospital after being ordered to leave after spending more than three years there 
Officers were also forced to cut Mr Chen free after he used padlocks to chain himself to his bed after the hospital won a court order 
The 55-year-old was still wearing his hospital issue pyjamas and looked visibly upset after being removed from the facility 
Mr Chen, aged 55, had refused to leave the hospital and struggled with police officers that had come to take him home  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun