Thursday 1 August 2019

We guessed right! Cleaner whose dancing VIDEO in Abu Dhabi went viral IS a Nigerian, Lucky Etinosa

You know I said his dance moves were Nigerian ish! Well, I was right.
Lucky Etinosa arrived in the UAE about four months ago from Edo State in Nigeria, where he worked with computers. But his visa only came through this month.
"Getting to the UAE is not that easy and getting a job is not that easy. I just got my visa so I was very happy," he says. "I moved here to make a good living. I'm working for me and my family." Etinosa was working in the Baniyas area on Saturday. His headphones were in, and he was jamming out to a song by Burna Boy, an Afro-fusion singer from his homeland.

He didn't realise he was being filmed, but he's amused that someone thought it entertaining enough to pull out their phone. In fact, he didn't know about the buzz the video was generating until a stranger stopped him in the street two days ago. He believes he was probably dancing then, too.

"When I was working, someone drove to me and said ‘Hey, you’re becoming famous’. He showed me the video and asked if it was me, and I said 'yes that’s me'." With a wheelie-bin in one hand and his rubbish-clamping tool in the other, Lucky Etinosa, 26, was filmed as he showed off his impeccable dance moves. And the internet loved it. The video racked up hundreds of thousands of views across Instagram and Twitter after it was posted on July 28.
While he was at first surprised at his newfound fame, Etinosa is pleased with the buzz it has created. Mostly because, he says, it's simply the way he always works.
Lucky with his colleagues. Reem Mohammed / The National
Lucky has been delighting the internet with his dance moves. Reem Mohammed / The National
Lucky, from Nigeria, has been delighting people after he appeared in a viral video. Reem Mohammed / The National

Watch:

5 comments:

  1. His a fine Edo boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boluwatife Adeosun19:28

    Be happy with whatever you legitimately do in life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cleanerbae��

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rita Mordi07:39

    I pray God blesses him.....

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun