Wednesday 5 August 2020

Former 'Ellen Show' Nigerian DJ Tony Okungbowa speaks out amid controversy

Tony Okungbowa, the Nigerian-American actor and DJ known to many as DJ Tony of ‘The Ellen DeGeneres Show,’ is opening up about his experience working on set.
In an Instagram post Tuesday, Tony said he “did experience and feel the toxicity of the environment” during his tenure as the show’s resident DJ. 
Tony, who currently stars in CBS’ ‘Bob Hearts Abishola,’ also said he supports former ‘Ellen’ staffers who have spoken out about alleged mistreatment they faced on set. 
“I have been getting calls asking me about the Ellen Degeneres Show and I would like to address the time I spent there. I was on air talent from 2003-2006 and from 2007 -2013,” he wrote. 
“While I am grateful for the opportunity it afforded me, I did experience and feel the toxicity of the environment and I stand with my former colleagues in their quest to create a healthier and more inclusive workplace as the show moves forward.” 

3 comments:

  1. Alex Okey16:19

    No wonder he just disappeared from the show....

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUR BROTHER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lawunmi Shodeinde16:20

    I miss him on Ellen!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun