Tuesday 25 April 2023

Photos: Don Lemon fired by CNN after 17 years.... the true story

Yesterday afternoon (Monday, April 2), Don Lemon was fired by CNN after 17 years.
The host has been let go from his anchor role which he was in for almost two entire decades. The decision follows allegations that Lemon that he mistreated his female colleagues throughout his career with CNN. 
Lemon announced the news on Twitter today, writing: 
"I am stunned. After 17 years at CNN I would have thought someone in management would have had the decency to tell me directly." He continued: "At no time was I ever given any indication that I would not be able to continue to do the work I have loved at the network." Lemon went on to claim that it was 'clear' that there were 'larger issues at play'. "With that said, I want to thank my colleagues and the many teams I have worked with for an incredible run," he concluded. "They are the most talented journalists in the business, and I wish them all the best." 
The official CNN Communications Twitter page also released a statement on the matter, stating: "CNN and Don have parted ways.


Don Lemon’s explosive interview with GOP candidate Vivek Ramaswamy reportedly contributed to his firing!

CNN says that’s not true. In a statement, the network says Don reused to meet with management before the decision was made: “Don Lemon’s statement about this morning’s events is inaccurate. He was offered an opportunity to meet with management but instead released a statement on Twitter.”
So who is lying here?

1 comment:

  1. Lawunmi Shodeinde16:33

    Who do we believe now?

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun