Tuesday 24 November 2020

Photos: #IceBucketChallenge co-creator Patrick Quinn dies aged 37

Patrick Quinn, whose personal battle with ALS helped power the Ice Bucket Challenge fundraising campaign, died on Sunday at age 37, seven years after his diagnosis.
Quinn, who was born and grew up in Yonkers, New York, was co-founder of the campaign that raised more than $220 million for medical research into amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, more commonly known as Lou Gehrig's Disease. 
On Friday he tweeted that he had had a tracheostomy - a procedure to insert an opening in the neck in order to place a tube into a person's windpipe. 
'A new way of life after tracheostomy, but its LIVING & I got s*** to do!' he said. 'Last time I left the hospital, I was right back 1 day later with pneumonia/struggling to breathe. 'Round 2 today of going home! Wish me luck! I better be there for awhile!'






4 comments:

  1. Boluwatife Adeosun00:23

    REST IN POWER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rita Mordi00:25

    37 years? So young....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous00:26

    I did this challenge too o, back in the days.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun