Tuesday 11 September 2018

How the tragic 9/11 saved the life of a Facebook Influencer, Mazi Abe Idris #NeverForget #September11th

Mazi Abe Idris is a London-based Nigerian Influencer who posts funny, lifestyle, political, real-life, inspiring and musical contents on Facebook for his 5,000 friends and over 6,000 followers to enjoy and/or learn from.
Image may contain: one or more people, sunglasses and outdoor
Today, as we remember the September 11th tragedy, Mazi took to his page to reveal how the incident changed and saved his life forever: 
9/11:
This day 17 years ago, when I was "still in the world"
I can vaguely recollect sitting in a dingy flat on Cold Harbour Lane, Brixton, London, stoned out of my skull after a three day binge on cocaine.

Yes o, cocaine.

I was staring at the TV in a haze, wondering what all the fuzz was about on CNN after the first plane had zoomed into the first of the Twin Towers.

I actually saw the second plane ✈️ fly directly into the second Tower.

As the plane hit the building and exploded into an inferno of flames, I also bent over and took another hit up my nostrils from the mountain of white Angel Dust on the table.
"What James Bond movie is this?" I asked the equally stoned dreadlocked Jamaican slouched on the couch besides me.
"Me nah know, Ade. Mus be ah new release" he drawled.
"They really tried with this one, it looks real" I mumbled, taking another hit from the table as the CNN anchorman announced yet another hit on the Pentagon.
That was how far from reality I had drifted 17 years ago.
The twisted irony is, that was the tragedy that turned my life around to where I am today, sitting at the dining table writing this.
A few hours later into the tragedy, back in my own living room and my own world, I turned on the TV to realise that what I had been watching earlier was no James Bond movie.
It was real.
Over 3,000 innocent lives had just perished before my eyes and I sat there with God knows who, sticking the devils own cocktail up my nose, far removed from reality.
The reality hit me like a sledge hammer that afternoon;
3,000 gone, yet I was still alive.
But doing my best to kill myself through indulgence.
I became determined to stay alive.
And I am still alive today.
As I pray for the souls of those who died in the 9/11, I also thank their Blessed departed souls for saving me.
Their tragic death kept me alive.
Man can never understand the ways of God, but I love his ways, still.
It was not an easy road for the following few months of beating that disastrous habit, but the 9/11 tragedy was a catalyst to my own self-rehabilitation.
I beat the shit!
I am not ashamed to admit my past, for in it lies my present and my future.
I believe that as long as I admit and share my past follies, I will not make the same mistake again.
I hope many with similar, but secret problems like this learn by reading this.
Lets jus say, I'm a fucking lucky man.
Even common cigarettes, I can never ever smoke again in my life.
So, when I write humour and say πŸŽ΅pass me the Rizla πŸŽ΅ na joke. I no dey smoke again, 17 years after the lassniff or jumbo. πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€
I thank God and my dear wife, MΓ²mΓ³ Fela for that.
As Bob Marley sings πŸŽ΅ when there's a will, there is always a way πŸŽ΅
Selah.
Good Morning and have a tragic free day ☕️☕️πŸ™πŸΎπŸ™πŸΎ
©Mazi Abe Media 2018
** This one you can share or even plagiarise sef. As long as it reaches the right people. 
No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.
No automatic alt text available.

Thank God for REAL people like Mazi, telling their stories to people to learn from.
Mazi is also the host of  'An evening with Mazi & friends in London' and the next event comes up in December, 2018.
You can get your tickets HERE.

5 comments:

  1. Bose16:27

    Drugs is bad. Am happy he stopped taken it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adegoke Oluwapamilerin16:31

    NICE ONE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous 1118:46

    I follow egbon on Facebook I deh always gbadun his posts....

    ReplyDelete
  4. John12:17

    Drugs is a bad thing to start and a difficult thing to stop. I have a cousin who has being on and off. I hope this brother has truely stopped and never go back.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun