Friday 22 July 2022

Photos: Meet the 15th elected president of India & the country’s second female president, Droupadi Murmu

Droupadi Murmu has been elected the 15th President of India on Thursday.
She is the first tribal President of India and the country’s second female President. Soon after being elected as the head of the state, Murmu took to Twitter to express her gratitude to her colleagues for choosing her as the presidential candidate. 
She wrote: "Elated by all of the support from my all political colleagues Ministers, MP's and MLA's from all -around India for choosing me to serve as the 15th President in the world's largest democratic country Mother India." 
The 64-year-old veteran politician vowed to work for the development of her tribal community, "When I was Nominated as NDA'S presidential candidate from that day I took oath in my mind that If I become President, first of all I will work for more development of my tribal and adivasi brothers and sisters of Whole India & Odisha. Now that time has came I will keep my promise." 
She continued to write: I bow head towards Mahaprabhu Shree Jagannath for the blessings and everything I achieved till date, I thank my every Citizen of mother India and to all of You, I cannot express my feeling right now!" "India scripts history," Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Twitter. "A daughter of India hailing from a tribal community born in a remote part of eastern India has been elected our President!"

2 comments:

  1. Bose17:29

    Congrates to her!
    Women rules the world!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boluwatife Adeosun17:29

    WAOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun