Thursday 18 February 2021

Serena Williams pens heartbreaking message to fans after crashing out of the #AustralianOpen

Serena Williams has written an emotional statement to her fans after crashing out of the Australian Open.
The 39-year-old tennis legend suffered a devastating loss to Japanese star Naomi Osaka in straight sets on Thursday, and was seen bursting into tears at a post-match interview when asked about her heartbreaking defeat.
The defeat ended Serena's bid for a record-tying 24th Grand Slam title. 
Alongside a powerful image of her staring up at the sky, Serena wrote that she that the wishes she 'could have done better', before saying how much she 'loves and adores' her fans Down Under. 
'Melbourne and my Australian fans - today was not ideal outcome or performance but it happens... I am so honored to be able to play in front of you all,' she said. 'Your support, your cheers - I only wish I could have done better for you today. I am forever in debt and grateful to each and everyone single one of you.' She signed off with: 'I love you. I love you. I love you. I adore you.'

3 comments:

  1. Peter Odulaja18:29

    She should just retire now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boluwatife Adeosun18:33

    I LIKE HER DETERMINATION......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex Okey18:35

    You win some, you loose some.
    Is life.

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun