Wednesday 29 September 2021

Manny Pacquiao officially retires from boxing after 26-year career to focus on running for president of the Philippines next year

Boxing legend Manny Pacquiao is officially hanging up his gloves with the eight-division world champion and Philippines senator announcing his retirement from the ring.
The 42-year-old exits the sport as an all-time great, being the only fighter to win titles in eight different weight classes, with no other boxer matching his extraordinary feat of holding championship belts across four decades. 
Pacquiao finished his 26-year, 72-fight career with 62 wins, eight losses and two draws and of those 62 wins, 39 were by knockout and 23 by decision.
'As I hang up my boxing gloves, I would like to thank the whole world, especially the Filipino people for supporting Manny Pacquiao. Goodbye boxing,' Pacquiao said in a 14-minute video posted on his Facebook page. 'It is difficult for me to accept that my time as a boxer is over. Today I am announcing my retirement.' 
The 42-year-old had revealed he will be running for president of the Philippines next year. 
Will you be voting for Manny my Filipino TOYsters?

1 comment:

  1. Boluwatife Adeosun17:45

    Good luck Manny P!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun