Tuesday, 14 January 2014

News: Fight between a drunken passenger and a cabbie


Thinkstock

A drunken taxi passenger who allegedly caused a commotion when the cabbie refused to allow her to smoke in his vehicle has been fined for consuming alcohol.
Dubai Court of Misdemeanours heard how the 22-year-old Saudi woman had taken the cab with her two sisters and begun yelling at the driver.
The 28-year-old Pakistani said the women had stopped him on Dubai’s Sheikh Zayed Road and asked him to take them to Abu Dhabi. “The defendant sat in the front passenger seat and refused to put a seatbelt on,” he said.
“She then started smoking. I told her that it’s not allowed but she insisted, so I stopped the car on the side of the road and told them that I would not move until she put out the cigarette. “She then slapped me across the face, so I called Dubai Police.”
The court was told that the incident happened about 7am. The defendant claims she wasn’t smoking and that the cabbie slapped her face and was trying to provoke her.
The Saudi pleaded guilty to consuming alcohol and the court fined her Dhs1,000. No assault charges were brought against the student or the cabbie.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow me on Twitter: @toyeenbsworld
Instagram: @toyeenbsworlddubai
Facebook: www.facebook.com/ToyeenB
YouTube: Oluwatoyin Balogun